A beginner's guide to Texas hold 'em.

 How to be good at Texas hold'em or less horrible: A novice's guide


It's not surprising that, despite our national lockdown, online gambling has seen an increase of 43% and 255% in new players in the past month. My game is Texas hold'em. I joined Pokerstars with a few friends to play poker. Some were beginners like me and others were experienced poker players who had played for a living. Because I was familiar with the rules of hold'em, it didn't feel like it was a new game to me. I lost several games in the quarantine's first few days, even though there were only five of them. . . um . . . Fake dollars apiece and I found myself down almost forty. . . Fake . . dollars. Although it was cheaper than eating out or going to the movies in that time frame, it was still frustrating. Although I consider myself to be a smart man, it was difficult for me to admit that my performance was poor. There was no way around it. I decided to quit after one particularly embarrassing performance.


One problem: as bad as I was, it intrigued me. It was maddening that I couldn’t get it right. I refused to believe it was too difficult or too stupid. I became friends with two very skilled poker players and decided to ask them for their tips. I also watched more closely their play. It wasn't long before I was able to have a series of revelations which completely transformed my view of the game. Even more important, it completely changed how I played the game. I'm not. But, I'm now a decent player. I went from being down $40 (fake), up $63(fake), and that was against the exact same group of players. It happened in just four weeks. I won many tournaments, placed second or third in others. At the end of it all, I felt confident that I could win or close to win every time I sat at a nine-person table. It was even more satisfying to realize that I had finally grasped the game with all its nuances.


RELATED : Tiger Woods is beaten by Russell Westbrook at poker


I'm not a mathematician or a poker expert. I'm still learning the lingo. These tips are intended for beginners and will help you to move beyond the "very bad" stage to become a "decent" poker player. Here are ten tips I found helpful. These tips are great for anyone who is in lockdown and has adopted hold 'em poker as their entertainment.


(I assume that you have a basic knowledge about the game. If not, please study the rules. These tips can also be applied to cash games, although they are intended for tournament play.


1. Learn the value of your hands


What's a "good" hand when you hold 'em. There is no simple answer to this question because of the complexity of the game. My problem when I first started playing was that I believed one high card at large tables was valuable. However, it is not. To know that you are weak in a crowded table if you get dealt K4 unsuited, you don't need to be an expert on odds. Even if your flop hit a queen, with enough players in the hand you are likely to be beat. I didn't get this and lost a lot of money trying to understand it. It was worse when I had a card. I would lose more money if I bet more. How to play texas Hold Em Poker. how to play texas hold em poker everything you need to know how to win

Komentar